Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Getting Back on Track

Sorry I haven't posted much lately! It always takes me a little while to get back into my routine after I return from a long trip. We had such a good time in San Diego! It's kind of nice to be home again though and sleep in your own bed. And we missed our fur-babies! They are really happy that we're home. :-)

Anyway, after a break for a few days, I'm getting back to Kendi's 30 for 30 Challenge. I didn't get a picture of my outfit during our last day in San Diego (it was pretty boring anyway) and then ever since we got home it has been so HOT and the air conditioner in both of our cars is broken so I've just been wearing old t-shirts and shorts while trying to stay cool. Today I started the challenge again so here is Outfit #12:


Dress: Old Navy
Tank: Belk
Cardigan: Target
Belt: Anthropologie
Sandals: Target


I'm sorry if everyone is getting sick of seeing this cardigan! I do seem to wear it a lot. Today it was a necessity though because I needed to cover up a weird tan line on my upper arms. I got burnt in San Diego and it hasn't faded yet. In fact, I may need to use a self-tanner to even things out until I can go to the beach. Any recommendations on brands to try? I've never used any before.
I'm wearing my new Anthro belt and I think I like this color combo with the coral, turquoise and grey! :-)

7 comments:

  1. I like this combo and I think the white tank peeking out adds another layer of color and interest to the outfit.

    I always end up with at least one silly looking tan line a year - like one my BF called the "stupid bowl" because I got a crescent shaped burn on my back from the area above my tank top and below where the shade umbrella left off. Dur.

    I like the Nivea sun-kissed collection or Olay touch of the sun collection - but both lines only have a bit of tanner in them for "gradual" tanning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the color combo and I agree with Lisa, the white tank adds another element that flows beautifully with everything else.

    This outfit is so flattering on you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the color combo. I'm loving that belt. I think I might have to have it. I love coming home to my bed after being on vacation. That's the best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks so cute, the belt is an awesome touch to your outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tried commenting last night about what a great color combo this was but it didn't let me. So now I'm telling you...it's SOO cute!

    Also, about the Sofft shoes...LOVE! Are you going to get them? They also come in a wide by the way. I got an 8 wide because they ran out of the 8.5 normals...but they fit just fine. The purple and gray's going fast and the SA said the only way to get it at my store is to order online.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lisa: Glad you liked the color combo! Thanks for the tanner recommendations. I'm glad I'm not the only one who gets weird tan lines!

    Thanks Melissa!

    Lori: You definitely need the belt! I've already come up with lots of outfit ideas that I want to wear it with.

    Thanks Jan!

    Cindi: Sorry my comments weren't working for you last night! I think Blogger just has glitches sometimes. It has happened to me on other blogs too. Thanks for the info about the Sofft shoes. I think I'm going to have to just live vicariously through you with those shoes because my husband is going to kill me if I buy anything else right now! Especially shoes! I have a feeling that a pair of Sofft shoes will be on my birthday or Christmas wishlist though, even if I have to get a different style/color. I've heard such good things about that brand being so comfortable and I love comfy shoes that are also pretty! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sure there will be plenty of pretty shoes come fall and winter time. There's always something cute coming out. Chris refuse to get me any shoes because it's a Filipino superstition that if you get someone shoes, they'll wear them and run away! HAHA. Silly..I know.

    ReplyDelete