Tuesday, July 6, 2010

30 for 30 Challenge: Outfits 1 & 2

Here are my first two outfits for Kendi's 30 for 30 Challenge.

First is a pretty simple outfit consisting of a casual black dress and white belt. This look was actually inspired by one of my favorite blogs, Academichic. A few months ago, S. did a post about experimenting with different belts over her black dress and she created so many cute looks -- check out that post here.

I loved her black and white look so I filed it away as an idea to try sometime. I got this white belt on sale last month and remembered this black dress in the back of my closet so I decided to try to recreate S.'s look. The stretchy jersey material of this dress makes it so comfy and I think the belt keeps it from looking too boxy and sloppy. Thanks for the inspiration S. and for creating such a cool blog!


S. from Academichic & my version.


The next outfit features a shirt that I love not just for the cute print but also because I got it on super clearance at Belk for $5.39!



Shirt: Belk
Belt: Anthropologie
Skirt: Old Navy
Sandals (not showing): Target

6 comments:

  1. oh, I like the white belt with the black dress! I have a white belt I hardly wear...you're getting my wheels turning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea with the white belt. I'm going to have to try that myself. Isn't Belk's the best? I seriously score the best deals there. I get excited to go on my visits to Florida.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love both of your outfits! The black dress with the white belt is my favorite. Can't wait to see what other outfits you come up with for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So far, so good! Both outfits look adorable - I can't wait to see everything remixed in the days to come, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay, I'm glad everyone likes my outfits so far! This challenge is just what I needed to inspire me to pull out some items that I haven't worn in awhile and try out some new pairings. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha, we're twins! How cute! I love both outfits, great start to the 30 for 30 challenge. S.

    ReplyDelete