First up is my new It’s Your Move skirt. I think this skirt is a particularly good choice for travel since it has so many colors in it that you can make multiple outfits and it’s also really comfortable. I paired it with a simple green shirt and then again with a blue shirt and yellow cardigan for two different casual looks. I’ve got a bunch of other solid shirts and cardis that would look great with it too.

Shirt: Ann Taylor Loft
Skirt: Anthropologie
Belt: Anthropologie

Shirt: Steve & Barry’s
Cardigan: Bealls
Skirt: Anthropologie
Belt: Anthropologie
Next is the white version of the Blue Book Blouse with the Thousand Days Skirt and Looping Lanes Belt. I have to give a BIG thank you to Sara from You, Me & Anthropologie for helping me get this skirt when she found it recently at her store. I called and was able to get it for $9.99!! This outfit will be so comfortable for sight-seeing. I’m wearing my favorite travel shoes with it also. I got these blue mary-janes in April for a trip to England and they were so good for all the walking that I did. They’re definitely coming with me on this trip!

Shirt, Skirt & Belt: Anthropologie
Shoes: Naturalizer

Close-up of the shoes!
This next look is a little dressier in case we want to go to a nicer restaurant or something. I’m wearing my new Penciled Abronia skirt with a basic white button down and the Looping Lanes belt. It might look a little dressier but it’s actually really comfortable. The only thing I’m worried about is the skirt wrinkling in my suitcase. I guess I can just iron it at the hotel though.

Shirt: Ann Taylor
Skirt & Belt: Anthropologie
You might notice that I wear a lot of blue! I think it’s one of my better colors. This last outfit is an all-blue ensemble including the Blooming Lattice cardigan over the Through-the-Clouds tank with a jean skirt that I finally got hemmed to a more flattering length. This will be another comfortable outfit for sight-seeing.

Shirt, Cardigan & Belt: Anthropologie
Skirt: Old Navy
These are just some of my ideas for outfits for my trip. Anyone else have any packing tips or cute travel outfits to share?
Before I go, here’s a picture of my Bailey with his cone. I wasn’t going to take one but my husband insisted and he does look pretty cute. He’s doing better now that he’s on another antibiotic and hopefully we’ve got the infection in his right ear under control. I have to take him back Friday for another check-up. Thanks everyone for keeping him in your thoughts!
I'm so glad I could help you get that skirt and I can't believe you got it for $9.99! What a deal! I laughed when I saw your Blue Book Blouse/navy Thousand Days Skirt combo because I'm playing along with Ashley's (Ashley Getting Dressed) princess inspired outfit challenge and that outfit is just about identical to the one I plan on wearing tomorrow (I won't tell you which princess though)! Great minds think alike!
ReplyDeleteHow fun! I love planning outfits for trips - I can't believe you got the skirt for $10! That's insane!
ReplyDeleteSuch cute outfits!! Love the It's Your Move Skirt - it looks like I need to get a Snakebite belt to make my outfits look as complete as yours! Love that!
ReplyDeleteBailey is sooo cute!! Glad to hear he's doing better :)
Might I just say that you have great legs for skirts? I love the abronia skirt on you. That whole outfit is so nice! I haven't worn mine yet because I'm having problems pairing it but we'll see.
ReplyDeleteSan Diego is a great city! I know you don't have a car but if there's a bus or something that goes to Coronado Island, it's a great spot. You'll find lots of things to do and eat at the gas lamp district. Hope you have a lot of fun!
Love your outfits!! Your thousand days skirt looks awesome! Have fun on your trip. I'll miss you guys at my party this weekend! :( Thanks for helping me out with my Anthro problem too.
ReplyDeleteGorgeous outfits! You're going to look adorable in all your vacation photos. What a steal on the skirt! I'm glad your little Bailey is doing better, hope Friday's appointment goes well.
ReplyDeleteSara: I know, can you believe that price?! I almost had a heart attack on the phone! And they didn't even charge me shipping. Can't wait to see your princess-inspired outfit for the day. :-)
ReplyDeleteAshley: I was so lucky to get the skirt for such a good deal! I'm definitely having fun planning my trip outfits.
Erin: Thanks! I definitely recommend that belt. It goes with so many things. Bailey says hello too! ;-)
Cindi: Aww, thanks for the compliment! I love that skirt and would love to see what you pair it with. I went the easy route with the white shirt but I'd like to try pink or something. We'll definitely check out Coronado Island while we're in San Diego.
Sara: Thanks! I'm so sorry that I have to miss your party! Have a piece of Doris's yummy cake for me!
Jan: Thank you! It's really fun planning trip outfits especially when they're Anthro! :-) Thanks for thinking of Bailey also. I'll post another update about him on Friday.
What a great price for that skirt. I like all your outfits for your trip. Sounds like a fun trip. Bailey looks so cute, but sad with that cone on his head. I hope he gets better soon.
ReplyDeletewww.lorislooks.blogspot.com
So many great looks for your vacay!!! I cannot believe you scored that for 10 bucks!!! Have a great vacation!
ReplyDeleteAll of your outfit ideas are super cute!
ReplyDeleteI've heard two tips about keeping clothes from wrinkling in a suitcase. The first is to lay it out flat, then put some tissue paper over top of it before you fold it. The other tip I heard is to roll your clothes instead of folding them.
I don't travel very much so I can't go from experience, but these might help!
Thanks ladies! And Melissa, thank you for the packing tips. I should try the rolling and I think I have some tissue paper that I could use.
ReplyDelete