I’m also wearing a special necklace that my sweet mother-in-law brought back for me from her trip to New Zealand a few years ago. You can’t really see it in the picture but it’s a cute little kiwi bird. I should have taken a close up shot. I’ll try to do that next time I wear it. It’s just a simple necklace but people always comment on it.

Dress: Gap
Belt: Anthropologie, Looping Lanes
Kiwi Bird Necklace: Gift from MIL’s trip to New Zealand
Tank & Shoes: old, can’t remember where these came from
Belt: Anthropologie, Looping Lanes
Kiwi Bird Necklace: Gift from MIL’s trip to New Zealand
Tank & Shoes: old, can’t remember where these came from
Thanks for linking me over here Debbie, you look gorgeous! I love the peek of color from the tank you layered with your dress.
ReplyDeleteI love jewlery from vacations, it's always nice to have a story about it. When my parents go on trips I always have them bring me back something!
ReplyDeleteashley
ashleygettingdressed.blogspot.com
That dress looks really comfy and cute!
ReplyDeleteThanks ladies! :-)
ReplyDeleteThanks for the comment on my blog! Love the belt with that dress!!
ReplyDeleteOh, and if you don't mind me asking, "What is the meaning behind the name of your blog?" Just curious!
ReplyDeleteThanks for asking about my blog name! I was trying to go for something unique that reflected who I am. You might have heard the term "dark horse" used to refer to a candidate that is not well-known who ends up winning over better-known candidates. In my academic / professional life I'm often underestimated and I don't have the connections & advantages that so many of my colleagues have so I started to think of myself as a dark horse. I'm pretty reserved (though I don't think I'm shy) but I'm not afraid to go after what I want. As a result, people never see me coming so they are often surprised at the things I've accomplished. Academia is really competitive (especially now with the budget cuts at most universities) so I hope that I'll be the dark horse whose talent will win out over those better-connected colleagues when I go on the job market.
ReplyDeleteSo, even though I mostly talk about fun stuff on this blog, I wanted the name of the blog to relate to who I am in a larger sense. That's probably more than you wanted to know, but that's the story of the blog name. :-)
Oh, Debbie- I have to say I looked for the Budding T-Straps on ebay like I was looking or hidden treasure! I finally found the though so KEEP keeping your eye out!!!
ReplyDelete