Wednesday, June 2, 2010

My Sale Score & Reviews from the Fitting Room

I rushed over to my Anthropologie store this morning to get my Button Bin Cardi that finally went on sale. Yay! I love this sweater. :-)

Here I am wearing it with the blue Circle the Globe skirt and my Snakebite belt. I actually think it looks kind of cool with the teal blue.
Next I tried on the green Blooming Lattice Cardigan with the Penciled Abronia Skirt. The skirt was too big and long so I hiked it up and belted the sweater over it for the picture. I think this looks like an outfit Emma Pillsbury would wear on Glee (and I love her style). By the way, last night’s episode of Glee was so good! :-)

I also tried on the Vappu dress in yellow and since they didn’t have the new Scribbled Bouquet Cardigan that I wanted to pair with it, I put on my Button Bin Cardi again. This is probably a little too much yellow though! I felt like this dress ran a little big. I actually like the navy version better but I have the Jacqueline dress and it’s just too similar for me. If you missed out on that one, this would be a good substitute.

Tried on but not pictured:
I tried on the Rushing Ruffles Dress and really liked the fit. The details didn’t really show up in my photos since the color is so dark, so I didn’t bother posting them. It’s a dark navy but looks almost black to me. This really needs to go on sale though because it’s pretty pricey for a jersey dress. I’ll be keeping my eye on this one.

Picture Frame blouse: I forgot to take a picture of this but I need this in green. Please go on sale soon pretty blouse!

Do-Si-Do Skirt: I had to try this on when I saw it because I remembered it looking really cute on the blog Dea Diaries. The fabric really is very cute but the skirt I tried on was too big & poofy and I already have a black and white skirt so I don’t really need another. The sale price on this is a great deal though, so I recommend it if you find one that fits.

Besides getting my Button Bin Cardi, I was looking forward to seeing the new arrivals in person that I’ve been eyeing on the website for days. Unfortunately my store seems to be reeeaaalllly slow about getting new things, so I was disappointed. I haven’t gotten to try any of the pretty new dresses that so many people have been reviewing lately. As I’ve mentioned before, I can’t wait to try the lavender Tiny Windows Dress. I posted some links to reviews a few days ago but wanted to add that Sara from You, Me & Anthropologie just recently did a review of both colors – lavender and coral. Both colors look really pretty.



I’d also like to try on the beautiful, vintage-inspired Time Gone By Dress. Jacquelyn just posted a review on her blog and it looks lovely. Who can resist flutter sleeves and a swishy skirt? ;-) Really looking forward to trying this one!


Just the other day I realized how cute the Count the Waves Dress is when Carol and Kathryn posted reviews on their blog In Pursuit of Pretty Things. I think I’d wear it with a cardigan and belt like Kathryn showed. I missed out on the Horizon Line dress and the scalloped hem is reminiscent of that dress. Plus the ruffles and little buttons down the side of the top are really cute.



I haven’t heard anyone say that they’ve seen the Secret Treasures Dress in stores yet. This is at the top of my wishlist, assuming that it fits well. I *really* want it in green!


And last, I just noticed the On the Dot blouse on the website yesterday and can’t wait to see that in the store. It would look very cute with a pencil skirt.


That’s all for now. Did anyone else score any good sale items today?

No comments:

Post a Comment