Or at least that's what I'm telling myself. Without any warning signs, my car battery just suddenly died today. Ugh. I left this morning for what was supposed to be just a few quick errands before a day spent working at the library. That plan was squashed when I got in the car after grocery shopping and it wouldn't start. And I had ice cream in the trunk. And it was 95 degrees outside. Luckily I had SuperDad to come to my rescue and help me jump start the car and get it to an auto shop to buy a new battery. Actually we had to try three stores before we found the one I needed. Because of course I have a car with a unique battery. Just another Saab quirk, I guess (Don't worry Saaby, I still love you). Anyway, we got the car home and my husband is going to install the new battery tomorrow. Magically my groceries seem to have survived the heat and that manicotti that I was planning on making for dinner should go as planned. I don't know about the ice cream though. I stuck it in the freezer because it was pretty melt-y but we'll see. And hey, at least it didn't rain during this whole ordeal, right?!
So, as you might imagine I didn't get much research or writing done today. I did get home in time for a (long, boring) online/phone training meeting for the upcoming session of an online course that I'm teaching this summer. At least I accomplished something today.
Below is my OOTD for the after-the-car-ordeal part of my day. Fortunately I had just thrown on some old capris and a polo for my errands because as I mentioned before, it was HOT today and standing in the middle of a shadeless parking lot didn't help. I felt better after a quick shower and change of clothes. It lifted my spirits to put on my favorite color, which as you can see is purple! I tucked the end of the belt in on the picture on the left and think it looks better that way.
"Black-Out" Challenge Day 4

Dress: Coldwater Creek
Cardigan: Bealls
Belt: Chinese Laundry
Shoes: really old & can't remember where I got them!
No comments:
Post a Comment