
These are called the Pebbled & Primped Boots and they remind me of the brown Winding Ruffle boots that I missed out on (still pining after those and continue to search on Ebay for them at a reasonable price). I actually need a new pair of black boots. Well, as much as a person who lives in Florida can need a pair of boots. ;-)
I also like the Berry-Stitched Boots.
Would the color be versatile enough though? I hope some blogger reviews these soon!

I guess I'm on a shoe kick today, because these Peppermint Swirl Spectators also caught my eye. Again, not sure I'd get a lot of wear out of shoes this color. They are darling though!

The bird skirt finally has a name! It's the In The Trees Skirt and I just love the tweed and the colors of the bird & branches. I've been really into pencil skirts lately so this is one I'll definitely have to check out. It will need to go on sale before I could ever consider actually purchasing it though!

This next item isn't brand new but I had to include it because it's so perfect for fall. I don't wear a ton of blazers but this one seems like it would be comfortable since it is stretchy. I'll have to try it on the next time I'm at the store. It could be a great addition to my "professor wardrobe" for school. :-)
To A Tee Blazer:

Here's what I wore to teach yesterday at the second local college where I'm working this fall. I wasn't completely sure about it so I asked my husband what he thought and he said it was "bright and pretty." Part of his job involves designing maps so he has a great eye for color. He was kind of half asleep when I asked him though so I wasn't sure if he actually liked it or if he was just trying to get me to go away. ;-) So, was it cute or a bit much for the classroom? I felt cute and class went well so I guess that's all that matters. :-)
Anthro Picture Frame Blouse
Maurices Necklace
Anthro Looping Lanes Belt
Anthro Penciled Abronia Skirt
Target Wedges
Maurices Necklace
Anthro Looping Lanes Belt
Anthro Penciled Abronia Skirt
Target Wedges
Happy Wednesday! I'm already making plans for the weekend. My mother-in-law is coming to visit and I have some serious house cleaning to do before she gets here!
I want the top boots too!!! I think you look great! I do not think it's too bright at all!!! It represents your bright personailty! Have fun cleaning house!:)
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for entering my giveaway. And I agree with you on the boots! They just might work their way onto my fall wishlist as well!
ReplyDeleteTotally cute - very pretty outfit. Your husband assessed it well. And thanks for the name of the skirt! I'm also intrigued by that first pair of boots...
ReplyDeleteI had a dream about the bird skirt last night. Haha I guess my subconscious really wants me to have it huh? :)
ReplyDeleteThose boots rock - but I bet they'd be too tall for a shortie like me. Sigh, I want those Tawny Acre boots back from last year! Anthro gods, please!
ReplyDeleteI love your outfit - that skirt rocks!
You look so cute today, I love your skirt and wish I got it now. And I love those berry boots and think they would look perfect with that bird skirt. I may need both!
ReplyDeleteHe was right about the bright and pretty, great skirt!
ReplyDeleteThe In The Trees Skirt is amazing as is the To a Tee Blazer! Though, the grey/black colorway isn't made with jersey, it's more a tweed - but I loved it and hope I can score it sometime this fall as well.
ReplyDeleteI think your outfit was perfect! School can be so boring sometimes, so why not spice it up a bit? :)
Those boots are super cute. I haven't seen them yet. I'm going to go check them out right now. Love the outfit!
ReplyDeleteI love seeing the goodies on your Fall wishlist! And your outfit looks perfect for the classroom IMO - very pretty!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the sweet comments everyone! :-)
ReplyDeleteCindi: Clearly you need the bird skirt if you were dreaming about it!
Jessica: I love the idea of the berry boots with the bird skirt! Great idea!
Aimee: Sadly the To A Tee Blazer didn't look nearly as cute on me as it did on you. Oh well!
You makes me seriously covet anthropologie dresses and skirts. I really liked your first day looks over at the fashionable academic blog. You do have a really pretty feminine figure too.
ReplyDeleteI love all of the things that you posted. I think the Peppermint Swirl shoes would look really cute with the In the Trees skirt. I finally saw the skirt in a store the other day, and it is absolutely gorgeous. I love appliques, and it's much harder to find them on fall clothes than on spring-summer clothes, which might be one of the reasons I am so enamored with this skirt!
ReplyDelete