This is where we spent most of our week:
The sunsets on the beach are beautiful! Here's my husband taking in the scenery:


The pelicans are huge here!

Besides swimming & relaxing on the beach, we also visited the De Soto National Memorial park in Bradenton. This is the spot where Hernando De Soto and his band of explorers first arrived in 1539! It's a beautiful place to walk around and there are a lot of historical markers to read for more information on Florida's past. I recommend making a stop here if you're in the area!

We also had to take in a baseball game of course! St. Pete is not far away so it's easy to go over there for the day. The stadium is a dome so you can go to a game even if it's raining outside. While you're at the stadium, be sure to go upstairs and check out the rays tank. You can pet and feed them!


Other places to check out in the area: beautiful Sarasota (we went to lunch there one day), Bradenton (right next to the island), and Tampa (if you want to do something in the city, like take in a play).
Out of all of the beaches we've been to, Anna Maria Island is high on our list so I recommend it to anyone who needs a fun getaway! We stayed on the area of the island called Holmes Beach in a rental we found on Home Away. It ended up being cheaper than a hotel and would be a really great option for families with kids.
Those are gorgeous pictures! It looks like you had a wonderful time!
ReplyDeleteOh, what a fun vacation! I'm going to be wanting one of those REALLY soon! haha! love the photos. I *almost* felt like I was on a 5 minute getaway :)
ReplyDelete