Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Tagged!

The 8 Question thing is going around the blogs right now and I got tagged several times so I thought it would be fun to just answer them all! Maybe you’ll learn some funny things about me! ;-)

Ashley’s Questions:
1. What is your best physical trait?
My blue eyes, which my husband says are like the North Sea and can be kind of icy sometimes when I’m mad!
2. What's your favorite Bath and Body Works scent? Cucumber Melon is a nice clean scent.
3. If you could only wear one type of shoes for the rest of your life (flip flops, pumps, etc), what would you choose? Sandals definitely!
4. Would you rather always smell like BO, or have uncontrollable gas during uncomfortable situations? Hmmm, this is a tricky question but I think I’m going to steal Kathleen’s answer and say gas and stay out of uncomfortable situations!! haha
5. Biggest pet peeve? People who are rude and selfish.
6. What's your favorite holiday? Christmas – food, presents, family & cooler weather! Who could ask for more?
7. What's your favorite part about blogging? Meeting other bloggers with similar interests.
8. What do you think about wearing fur? I think it would make me uncomfortable to wear real fur.

Here are Lori’s questions:
1.If money were no object, what is the one thing you would buy right now? I’d book a long, fun trip through Europe with my husband.
2. What is the last book you read or are reading right now?
I’m currently re-reading Pride & Prejudice. Love that book!
3. If you could choose any time period to live in, what would you choose?
I study late nineteenth century American literature so I’d love to experience living in that time period to see what it was really like.
4. What is your favorite clothing item in closet right now?
I’m really loving my Anthro Blooming Lattice cardigan right now!
5. If you had the chance to meet anyone you wanted, dead or alive, who would that be?
I’m a big fan of Alan Rickman so I’d love to meet him!
6. If you had to describe yourself in one word, what word would that be?
Creative
7. What is the funniest movie you've ever seen?
It’s hard to pick one! I think one of the funniest scenes in a movie is when Rupert Everett sings “Say A Little Prayer” in My Best Friend's Wedding – anytime I see this movie on tv I have to watch that part and I can’t stop laughing.
8. Do you consider the cup half empty or half full? Half full


Erin’s Questions:
1. If your life was a movie, what movie would it be?
Well, my life’s not that interesting so that’s tough but since I’m working towards becoming a college professor, I’ll say that I would like to be an inspiring teacher like Julia Roberts’s character in the movie Mona Lisa Smile.
2. Are you a morning or night person? Definitely a night person! I hate getting up early.
3. What's the first thing you would do if you won the lottery? Talk to a good financial adviser. And then I’d go on a shopping spree at Anthropologie! ;-)
4. If you could see any concert ever, what would it be? If I could go back in time, I’d love to see the Beatles perform.
5. Are you a sweet or salty food person? I like both but if I had to choose I think my sweet tooth would win. I love anything chocolate.
6. What is your favorite clothing purchase you've ever made? My wedding dress!
7. What is your favorite quote? Can be inspirational, funny, from a book, etc!
I’ve always liked this quote:
It's the action, not the fruit of the action, that's important. You have to do the right thing. It may not be in your power, may not be in your time, that there'll be any fruit. But that doesn't mean you stop doing the right thing. You may never know what results come from your action. But if you do nothing, there will be no result. -- Ghandi
8. What's your dream job? Writer!


Cindi’s Questions:
1. Who would you say is your hero? This one is hard! There are a lot of historical figures that I greatly admire but as far as my daily inspiration and personal hero, I’d have to say my husband because he has encouraged me to follow my dreams and makes me be the best version of myself. I wouldn’t be where I am today without him.
2. If you were a topping on a pizza, what would you be? Hmm, pepperoni? Because it’s my favorite. haha ;-)
3. Which Sex and the City girl do you identify with most and why?
I think I’m a Charlotte. I like her style the most and I guess my personality is most like hers.
4. What is your fondest memory of your parents growing up? My parents, sister, and I took this great trip out west when I was little and saw the Grand Canyon and all sorts of cool stuff on our way to California. It was the last trip with all of us before my sister was in college/married and we moved away so it is a good memory.
5. What part of your body would you say is your best feature? I answered one like this above so I’ll just say the same thing again -- My blue eyes, which my husband says are like the North Sea and can be kind of icy sometimes when I’m mad!
6. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would that be? I’m a city girl and my favorite city in the world is London so I’d love to live there.
7. What's the best movie you've seen in the last year? Inception – seriously, if you haven’t seen this yet, get to the theater!!
8. When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up? Archaeologist – or more specifically, I wanted to be Indiana Jones. ;-)

HERE ARE MY QUESTIONS:
1. What are your favorite song lyrics and why?
2. If you could be a character from a book for a day, who would you pick?
3. What color best represents your personality?
4. If you could have dinner with anyone (dead, alive, famous or not) who would you choose?
5. Are you a dog person or a cat person?
6. What’s the best vacation you’ve ever been on?
7. If you could change into an animal whenever you wanted to, what would you be? (I’m thinking like some of the characters in Harry Potter that are an Animagus and can magically change into their animal form).
8. If you could have one talent that you don’t currently have, what would it be?

I would like to tag:
Sara at Mommyland

Jan at The Girliest Boy Mom

Cat at Anthrosdottier

Marie at The Joy of Fashion

Tricia at Tricia’s Take

Jessica at Breakfast at Gigi’s

Square Peg for Anthro

Goldenmeans

It's been fun reading everyone's answers so far so let's keep this going for a little longer! :-)

11 comments:

  1. WOW...I hadn't realized you were tagged so many times! Haha...popular girl. :) Thanks for answering my questions. Your favorite clothing purchase is the same as mine. I can't wait to wear it but will be sad to take it off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for answering all those Qs - wow, you got lots! I heart My Best Friend's Wedding too, but I love almost everything Julia Roberts is in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These tags are so much fun - I promise to play along tomorrow :) I love your sweet answers about dh, and the Blooming Lattice is so cute on you, I can see why it's a favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved reading your answers, Debbie! I love Alan Rickman too! I adore him in Sense and Sensibility.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cindi: I'm so excited for you and can't wait to see pictures of your dress! It was definitely sad taking off the wedding dress. I had mine preserved in one of those boxes with a little window so I can still see it.

    Lisa: It was really fun answering those questions! Glad to hear you're another Julia Roberts fan. Are you going to see her latest one? I think it looks pretty good but I kind of wanted to read the book it was based on first.

    Jan: I'm looking forward to reading your answers too! It has been fun getting to know everyone more. :-)

    Bonnie: Yay, another Rickman fan!! I loved him in Sense & Sensibility too. I think that's my favorite of his roles, but he was also a really good Snape in the Harry Potter movies too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved reading all of your answers. I love pride and prejudice. It's one of my all time favorites. I think I need to read it again. It's so fun to see what everyone has in common. I hope this does keep going. I'm really enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So fun to get to know you better! I will try and do it tommorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your answers, Debbie! Thanks for playing along!! This is so fun getting to know everyone better :) Love that quote and being a writer is also in my top 3 dream jobs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for answering my questions, I hope you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lori: Definitely re-read Pride & Prejudice again if you have time! I love reading my favorite books over and over again, especially in the summer for some reason.

    Tricia: Yay, can't wait to read your answers too!

    Erin: Thanks for tagging me! It has been really neat seeing everyone's responses. That's cool that writer is on your list of dream jobs too! :-)

    Ashley: Thanks for tagging me, it was really fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just found your blog..your skirt is absolutely beautiful. Love the bold colors and prints.

    ReplyDelete