Friday, August 27, 2010

A Few Anthro Reviews

I was able to stop by my Anthro store briefly the other day so I have a few short reviews! There were several new Fall arrivals in store but I want to wait until I can go with my friend Sara to try them on. The main thing I wanted to try the other day was the To A Tee Blazer but it didn't work out for me. :-(
I did love this cute yellow shirt though!

Quiet Achievement Tee



It looked so cute on Aimee so I knew I'd have to give it a try and it didn't disappoint! I love the detail on the sleeves. The website calls this gold but it's yellow to me. Maybe marigold would have been a better description. I don't have a top this color so this will definitely have to make its way into my wardrobe soon. I sized down to a small because I thought it was a bit roomy.

Here's the ill-fitting To A Tee Blazer on me. Ugh! This looked way better on Aimee. I think it's just too long on me and makes me look dumpy. I'm not much of a blazer person anyway so I don't know why I had such high hopes for this one. It's definitely a pass for me.



Last, here's the Graphite Pop Cardigan with the It's A Cinch Top underneath. I love the color of the top but the cut just didn't work on me at all. Erin from Designer Me looked cute in it though so check out her review of it. I'm branching out by trying some longer cardigans lately and this one is very pretty. I like it but don't love it. It looked better belted on me but I think it could look cute open if I was wearing jeans. It's a thinner cardigan so it would be a good fall transition piece. I like the ruffle on the one side and the print & colors are lovely.



You can probably see the Kirklees Sweater Coat and the Babergh Dress in the background. The sizes I got were too big so I'll try them again next time in better sizes & do a review.

Have a good weekend everyone! I have to go finish cleaning my house before my mother-in-law's visit tomorrow!!

11 comments:

  1. Oh I LOVE the Quiet Achievement Tee on you! It's so pretty with your complexion and hair. I'm prety sure you need it :) And thanks so much for mentioning me in ths post - that was so sweet! Hope you have a wonderful weekend and a good visit with the MIL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you have a fun visit with your MIL. Great reviews. I love the Achievement tee on you. It's such a great color.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look beautiful in the Quiet Achievement tee, Debbie! Marigold is definitely your color. I also really like the Graphite Pop cardi on you -- I know it's not your favorite, but I think you look great!

    Good luck with your mother-in-law's visit, and I hope the cleaning goes quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Debbie, the yellow looks so great on you! It's so fun and happy!!
    The pink Cinch Tee and the Graphite Cardi are GENIUS together!! Oooh love it!! And thanks for the shoutout :) I'm sorry the tee didn't work, though!
    Have a nice weekend and enjoy visiting with your MIL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What size did you try in the Kirklees?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aimee: Thanks! Glad you agree that I need it! heehee :-) And thanks for inspiring me to try it on. I had actually walked past it a couple of times but hadn't noticed the pretty detailing on the sleeves until I saw it on your blog.

    Lori: Thanks, I love the color so much!

    Jamie: Aww, thanks! It's only been within the last few months that I've discovered that I like yellow on me. I have a yellow cardigan that I've been wearing a lot. For some reason I used to think I couldn't wear yellow with my hair and complexion.

    Erin: Thanks, that's exactly what I thought when I had it on -- fun & happy! I'm glad you liked the pairing of the Graphite cardigan and top. They would look great on you!

    Anonymous: I tried a medium Kirklees and the arms were too long and it was just generally too loose. I have a feeling the small might be too snug though, especially if I wanted to wear it over anything besides a thin shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Quiet Achievement tee's color looks stunning on you! I have now added it to my wishlist because of how wonderful you made it look :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Goldenmeans: Thanks! I'm glad my review helped. I think it would look good on you too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you got everything cleaned up in time for your MIL and that you had a nice time during her visit :) I love the Quiet Acheivement Tee on you too, the detail on the sleeves is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Jan! Yes, we had a nice visit with MIL and my house is nice & clean. ;-) Hope you had a great weekend too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi! I don't know if you saw on my blog, but I responded to your comment. I really want you to see my reply, because your comment meant a great deal to me! So, just to make sure you see it, here it is! "Wow...all of that really, truly, means a lot! I'm so glad you found it helpful and I hope you're able to welcome the boots into your closet soon! Thank you so much again!"

    ReplyDelete