This first outfit was my favorite. I wish I could have walked right out of the store in it! The jeans were so comfy and I just adore this plaid shirt.
Joe's Provocateur (Petite) Jeans with the Carefree Shirt:

Next I tried the same jeans with the Raining Lines Henley (strangely the website is saying this is no longer available but it just came out recently so there must be a temporary glitch). I accidentally grabbed an XS and it fit ok but I'd go with a S for a more comfortable fit. This shirt was just a tiny bit sheer so I'd wear a cami underneath. This is definitely wishlisted for me.

I also love this shirt in the purple striped version:

One of the first things I saw when I walked in the store was the bird skirt (a.k.a. In the Trees Skirt)! It's never been available at my store, so I was excited to try it. Unfortunately the largest size they had was a 6 and I couldn't zip it up all the way. It's kind of an awkward length on me too.

I was also looking forward to trying the Garment District Blazer but it turned out to be a disaster. I don't know why I keep trying on blazers since they very rarely work on me. This one looks weird in the hip area and is just unflattering overall. Love the plaid print though! ;-)

In the sale section I found the Two Worlds Tee and remembered that I've been wanting to try it on. I tried it on with some Pilcro jeans that I can't find on the website. This color was blah on me but the fit was pretty good. It's kind of embarrassingly sheer in this picture though!

I was hoping to find it in the orange but no luck. I think my store still had some of these left though so I might check there.

Here's what I wore this morning for my conference paper presentation. I wore darker colors which is typical conference attire but added a bit of my own personality with the purple tights and belt over the sweater.

Cardigan: Target
Blouse: LOFT
Belt: Anthropologie
Skirt: LOFT
Purple Tights: Hue via Anthropologie
Shoes: Steinmart
Blouse: LOFT
Belt: Anthropologie
Skirt: LOFT
Purple Tights: Hue via Anthropologie
Shoes: Steinmart
I love the carefree shirt on you! I never thought flannel would look so great on someone! And I'm also in love with the purple striped shirt. Must hunt it down!
ReplyDeleteHi Debbie~
ReplyDeleteI love love the neutral color of Two Worlds Tee you are wearing I am in hunting for the orange one, but that neutral is so beautiful too!
I also have to mention about your Target cardigan hehe I have the same one and in fact I have a recent post about it! come check out~ I think I will try wearint with a belt like you did~
Jin,
I love your presentation outfit! I hope you are having fun in NM!!
ReplyDeleteYou look great in your conference outfit, and those jeans you tried look like they fit you perfectly!
ReplyDeleteUm, I want that Carefree Shirt now bc of you! You look great in the jeans and all those cas shirts!
ReplyDeleteYou look great for your conference! How did the paper presentation go? I've also heard that when presenting at conferences it's good to wear some bright colors to get people to focus on you etc. But maybe that's just something floating around psychology conferences.
ReplyDeleteLorispeak
Glad to hear that your presentation went well!
ReplyDeleteCindi: Thanks! I was surprised by how much I liked the plaid shirt! The purple striped shirt is definitely going to be a must-have for me too. I hope you get it!
ReplyDeleteJin: Check the Jacksonville, FL store for the orange Two Worlds Tee. I'm pretty sure they had several there last week. That's cool that you've got the Target cardigan too! :-) I love the little ruffles down the front.
Tricia: Thanks, I did have fun in NM! It's nice to be back home now though. :-)
Jan: Thanks! I absolutely love the Joe's Jeans. The ones I have on are the petite cut and I love that they aren't as long as most jeans usually are on me. You might be interested in them too my fellow shorty! ;-)
Lisa: The Carefree shirt would look great on you! You need it! ;-)
Lori: Thanks! I was happy with my paper presentation and got great questions and comments afterwards. Yay! I felt like it was a successful trip. :-)
Sara: Thanks! I miss you girl! We need to do another Anthro trip soon.
Grreat post
ReplyDelete