Wednesday, October 13, 2010

OOTD: Grey, Black & White

I wore this outfit yesterday to teach. I was in a rush and had to throw it together on the fly but luckily it turned out ok! I don't usually wear outfits without any color but I like that these neutrals let the pattern on the skirt be the focal point.

Grey Ruffly Sweater Top: Target
Belt: Anthropologie
Skirt: Marc Jacobs via Macy's
Shoes: Steinmart


I'm headed to a conference in New Mexico today. Hopefully I'll have internet access so I can keep up with my blog. I'll try to get some outfit pictures while I'm away!

9 comments:

  1. Wow you're still wearing sandals! :) I can see my own breath this morning...it was so chilly. Have a great time in NM! I hope you get internet as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute outfit - I'm itching to hit up Target now! Love those sandals too! Hope you enjoy enchanting NM (I'm jealous, it's a gorgeous place)! Be sure to eat a ton of that tasty Mexican food! :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you look adorable..the skirt pattern is perfect with the top:)

    Statements in Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore that skirt!! Have fun in New Mexico!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love, love the sweater paired with the skirt - you look great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well rushing looks great on you! What a very pretty outfit - I love the ruffles and pattern on that skirt - you look beautiful! Have a safe trip!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sweater is so cute and I wish my Macy's carried MJ. That skirt is adorable! You'd never know this was a "rushed" outfit because it looks so put together! It looks great on you.

    Enjoy your time in NM!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Debbie,
    That skirt has the prettiest details! I liked how you wore it with a plain-ish top and simple shoes, letting the skirt do all the talking.
    Have fun in New Mexico (i've never been there!)
    Cheers
    JEn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cindi: Yep, still able to wear sandals but it is noticeably cooler here in Florida!

    Mandy: Thanks! I had a great time in NM and yes, I got some amazing Mexican food! Yum!

    Collette: Thanks! I was worried at first that the ruffled top paired with the full skirt was too much volume but I'm glad to see that people thought it looked ok! :-)

    Tricia: Thanks! I had a fun trip! :-)

    Victoria: Thanks!

    Jan: Thanks! Isn't it funny sometimes how well unplanned outfits can come together. I guess I should try that more often!

    Pamela: Thanks! I got this MJ skirt at the Macy's in St Louis for an awesome price -- $12!! Even the lady ringing up my purchase couldn't believe what a great deal it was!

    Jen: Thanks, that's exactly what I was going for with keeping the rest of the outfit neutral so the skirt could be the focus! Glad you liked it!

    ReplyDelete