Thursday, October 14, 2010

More Anthro Reviews

Here are some more of my reviews from the Tampa Anthro.

Alice in Autumn Sweatercoat in Grey

I'm not sure how flattering this is on me but I love it anyway. It's so soft and cozy! I love the big buttons and the ruffly collar. And it has pockets! I didn't realize that until after I took this picture and they were a little bunched up causing that weird bump on the one side. The sleeves are a little too long on me. Clothes like this make me wish I lived somewhere with weather that gets a little cooler.

I had to try the gold version also:


Here's what I'm wearing underneath:

The Humbled Hydrangea Top is really cute! I love the color and the tiny polka dots behind the print. It's very flowy so I sized down to an XS to avoid the maternity top look.

I paired the shirt with these Citizens of Humanity "Kelly" Bootcut Jeans.
These were really long on me but other than that I liked the fit. They are a littler lower rise than I usually wear but the top helped cover that. The wash is a nice color. I don't really need any more jeans but if these went on sale I might consider them.

6 comments:

  1. I really like the gold alice in autumn coat on you. That color makes you glow. Seeing these reviews reminds me that I have some of this coat that I never posted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely liked the gold alice more when I tried this on with the gray. It speaks fall to me. Are you thinking of getting it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those jeans look great on you! I tried on the Alice and although I think it's great on others it was a disaster on me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't remember seeing that HH top on Anthro's website - you look adorable in that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Debbie, I like the gold Alice on you! it's a lovely colour. I think the grey washes you out a little, but i could be wrong?
    Did you buy anything?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lori & Cindi: Thanks! I do like the gold Alice coat but I'm wondering if enough things in my closet would match it? I think I'm going to talk myself out of the sweatercoat altogether since I don't really need it living in Florida.

    Tricia: Thanks, I really liked the jeans! Did you feel like the Alice was too long? I can't imagine anything looking bad on you!

    Jan: The HH top is much cuter in person than online. It's on my "maybe when it goes on sale" wishlist. ;-)

    Jen: You're probably right about the grey washing me out. I usually try to have some color near my face to avoid that. I think I'll probably pass on the sweatercoat.

    ReplyDelete