Wednesday, February 9, 2011

OOTD: Winter Blues

Today I decided to "winterize" my blue bicycle dress since it's a bit chilly outside. I remember seeing some other bloggers add a long-sleeve t-shirt under short-sleeve shirtdresses like this one and I think it's a cute look. Add some warm brown tights, a belt, and some comfy shoes, and it's an outfit perfect for work and running errands.


Two-Wheeler Dress (Anthropologie)
Grey long-sleeve t-shirt (Gap)
Brown belt (Anthropologie)
Brown ribbed tights (Walmart)
Blue Suede Shoes (Naturalizer)
Daisy Necklace (Maurices)


Here's a look back at how I wore this dress during the summer to a baseball game. I love that this dress is versatile enough to wear during multiple seasons and its fun print always brings a smile to my face!



What's your favorite way to winterize a piece of clothing that you previously associated with another season? Isn't it a great way to stretch your wardrobe further?! :-)

4 comments:

  1. So cute Debbie! I'm going to have to try this look out for myself. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you layered the dress to make it work for winter. I can't stop wearing dresses in Winter - i find that wearing a pair of wool tights does the trick. PLUS a warm cardi and a VERY warm coat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you winterized this dress! I've made attempts at doing a similar thing with other dresses and I'm finding it difficult to truly love the looks, but I sure love this one! I'll have to take some notes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute! This definitely works! I love layering under dresses too! It's the only way I can still feel girly in the winter and not freeze my bum off!!

    Lorispeak

    ReplyDelete