Tuesday, February 8, 2011

My First Maternity Clothes, Wishlist, & An Anthro Review

I mentioned in my last post that I got to do some shopping this weekend for my first maternity clothes! Luckily I lost some weight before I got pregnant so I've been able to hold out on buying any new clothes for quite awhile. I think my days of belting are numbered though! ;-) In preparation, my mom got me a few things from the maternity section at Old Navy to get my maternity wardrobe started.

I got this pretty purple polka dot shirt which will be nice and light this summer:



A cute pair of maternity jeans was a must-have for me. I opted for the low-rise style for now but might try the full panel kind later when I'm bigger.



I think these yoga pants are soon going to become my new best friend! ;-) They are so comfy!



Here are some other things on my "Maternity wardrobe" wishlist:

Pretty, flowy shirts like this new one I just spotted online at Old Navy:



Stretchy jersey and wrap style dresses like this cute one from the Gap:



A denim pencil skirt is another must-have item:



Since I live in Florida and will be pregnant during the summer, I'm going to need a cute bathing suit. I like the style of this one from A Pea in the Pod but wish it came in navy or red with polka dots. This grey might be too dull on my pale skin.



While I'm excited about the new styles I'll be exploring as my baby bump grows bigger, I still plan to incorporate as much as I can from my regular wardrobe too, especially my favorite Anthro pieces. My mom and I popped into Anthro at the end of our shopping trip and I tried on the Sing Sweetly Party Dress. Surprisingly, it still fit and there was room for an expanding belly. If it's still around at sale time I might just have to pick it up!



I really like the top part of the dress and even though I don't normally go for strapless styles, this one worked for me. The print is adorable and it looked really cute with this sweater that was hanging with it on display. Even though the colors of the dress are navy and green, the pale yellow of the sweater was a nice color pairing. This dress has gotten rave reviews from tons of other bloggers, so you probably don't need me to tell you, but I highly recommend this dress! :-)

10 comments:

  1. I really want the singing sweetly dress! I'm hoping for a sale as well! I really love that suit from a pea in the pod-it reminds me of a suit j.crew has, and you have me wanting maternity clothing with the gap wrap dress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember when I was pregnant with my first child how exciting it was to go maternity shopping, on my third I DREADED wearing them so funny how much your attitude changes with each kid. I like what you got and your wishlist good to go for the basics because you wear the same thing week after week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you're getting a great start on your wardrobe! Once again, congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that dress too! I tried it on the last time I was there. Cute maternity picks, I have a black maternity pencil skirt you can use too. I will dig out some more for you if you want.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All of the items on your maternity wishlist are adorable. The purple polka dot shirt is so cute! Can't wait to see you start rocking materity clothes in your OOTDs!!! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such an exciting time when you start to show and transition into maternity clothes! I'm excited for you! I am in love with the Sing Sweetly Dress too, it's adorable on you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. First of all Debbie, I really love the sing Sweetly dress on you! Gosh, it's such a great fit on you, and the style and print is perfect.
    What an exciting time in your life shopping for maternity wear. That Pea in a Pod one-piece is super cute. No longer do pregnant women have to wear daggy clothes!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the boden tip-Really excited they are carrying maternity. I am pregnant with #2. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. K I'm super behind on blog reading so I'm just catching up to your exciting news! So let me offer a super belated congratulations on the exciting baby news!!

    The stretch jersey wrap dresses seem like they'd be uber comfy and pretty!

    Lorispeak

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely choices! One thing I want to mention is that one issue with maternity dresses versus separates is that you can't wear them as easily immediately postpartum because you don't have easy access for nursing. (I don't know if you plan to nurse or not; I know that I was pretty neutral on the subject while I was pregnant but then once the first baby came, I was going to breastfeed, darn it!)

    ReplyDelete