Thursday, February 17, 2011

OOTD: Experimental

This was yesterday's outfit and it was a bit of an experiment beyond my usual color pairings. At first I thought the red and maroon clashed but then decided I kind of liked it. I've been wearing these shoes a lot more lately and can't get over how comfortable they are. In fact, I think I'm going to wear them again today with purple tights. :-)

It's already getting significantly warmer here in north Florida so I'm trying to enjoy my tights while I still can. Pretty soon it will be time to break out the sandals again. If you're a tights fan, check out the recent "Tights Week" posts at Academichic to get some good ideas about layering tights and fun ways to incorporate patterned and colored tights into your wardrobe. Those girls definitely know how to rock the tights!


Red Shirt (LOFT)
Long-sleeve Grey Shirt (Target)
Maroon Cardigan (Ann Taylor)
Black Belt (J Crew)
3 Heart Necklace (Red Envelope)
Black Skirt (Lands End)
Maroon Tights (Hue)
Hallowed Halls Oxfords (Anthropologie)


I can't wait until tonight because I'm going to see the musical Cabaret at the local community theater! It's going to be a late but fun night! :-)

6 comments:

  1. Oh have fun tonight! I really like the red tights with the cardigan! Plus I really have a love for your shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! I really love the red and maroon together (especially with the maroon tights). Hope you have a great time at the musical!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute, I really love those shoes! HOpe you had a great night!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the tonal layers, Debbie! And hope you have fun at Cabaret performance! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, you do not look like you are pregnant at all!!! But just because I know, I look for the bump. And it's oh so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like red and maroon together too!! You look so pretty! I hope you had fun and were not exhausted the next day- ahhh the joys of pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete