Here's what I wore:
Travessia Dress (Anthro)
Cardigan (Belk)
Snakebite Belt (Anthro)
Pessinus Garden Necklace (Anthro)
Lilac Knit Tights (Forever 21)
Grey Suede Wedges (Target)
Cardigan (Belk)
Snakebite Belt (Anthro)
Pessinus Garden Necklace (Anthro)
Lilac Knit Tights (Forever 21)
Grey Suede Wedges (Target)
I picked up these great wedges at Target after seeing them on Kathryn from In Pursuit of Pretty Things. Check out how cute they are with her outfits here and here. They are surprisingly comfortable and I highly recommend them. Check your local Target because I found several left at the one near me even though the website was telling me there weren't any left in my size at the store. Size up because they run small!
We snapped a few pictures outside before the performance since the fountain and garden area in front of the theater was so pretty.


Here's me and my sweetie! He was a good sport about going to the theater even though he doesn't really like musicals. He knows how much I love them! My favorite song from the play is "Shall We Dance" (hence the title of my post). We even took a little spin around the kitchen (our "ballroom") when we got home. ;-)

If you haven't seen the 1956 classic movie version, check out Deborah Kerr and Yul Brynner singing "Shall We Dance" in this YouTube clip:
Also, fun fact: The guy who plays Draco Malfoy in the Harry Potter movies also played Anna's son in the 1999 version starring Jodie Foster and Chow Yun-Fat.

I LOVE the King and I, but I've never seen it live! I can't even think of a time in my life it's been in St. Louis! I love your outfit - it looks so pretty!
ReplyDeleteDebbie, you look fantastic! I think this is my favorite outfit on you yet! You so happy with your sweetie! Yall make such a cute couple.
ReplyDeleteDebbie you look amazing! What a fun night. I love The King and I. The 50s version is one of my all time favorite movie/musicals. I love musicals. They are by far my favorite movies to watch.
ReplyDeleteSuch s stunning dress Debbie, I have never seen that on any other bloggers in the nine ish months i've been reading the anthro ones. Gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteSounds like a fun night! And you look adorable in that dress Debbie!
ReplyDeleteI love the picture of you and your hubby - it's so fun to see a couple shot! You look gorgeous and your night at the theater sounds awesome!
ReplyDeleteYou look so gorgeous in that dress Debbie! I love the fullness of the skirt and the print is really pretty. And have i told you before how much purple suited you?!
ReplyDeleteOMG - it's little malfoy! i don't like his character in Harry Potter. :-)
Ashley: This is the first time I've seen a theater performing The King and I so that's why I jumped at the chance to go to it! I love the movie version but it was really fun seeing it live too.
ReplyDeleteBonnie: Awww, thanks!!
Lori: Thanks, it was a fun night! I agree, musicals are my favorite! They are such classics.
Louise: Thank you! I think I've only seen my dress one other time on an Anthro blog. I guess it wasn't very popular but I just love the colors and the full skirt!
Jessica: Thanks!
Jan: Glad you liked the photo of me and my sweetie! We don't often get pictures of the two of us together so I definitely had to post this one. :-)
Jen: Thank you! I love wearing purple so your compliment made me extra happy. I should do a post sometime with all of my purple outfits since there are quite a few! haha :-)
I so want that Travessia Dress! I needed a petite size and I missed out on it because I didn't know about the whole Anthro "sale routine" and there were not many blogs to enable me back then. But you look so pretty in it! And I love how you paired the purple cardi with it. So jealous! And adorable pic with you and the husband.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad the Alhambra is sticking around. I heard they were going to tear it down, but never found out what happened. I just noticed it was still there when I went back home in August. I've only been there once in the early 90's when I took a theatre class at FCCJ (or whatever they call it now, I can't remember). But good to know!
You look absolutely stunning! That dress is gorgeous on you and I love the greys you popped in with the belt and shoes!
ReplyDeleteLorispeak
Gemma: So sorry you missed out on the Travessia dress! I see it on Ebay sometimes. I'm glad the Alhambra was saved also. It's really nice now after the renovations!
ReplyDeleteLori: Thanks! :-)
What a gorgeous dress, and the purple really brings out the gorgeous floral pattern. You looked stunning -- no wonder your hubby wanted to dance with you!
ReplyDelete