Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Reviews Part 2: Two Hits & A Miss

Here are the rest of my Anthro reviews! My favorite thing I tried on was the Laced with Grace dress. The color is even prettier in person than it looks in these pictures. I've admired this dress online but hadn't planned on trying it myself. For some reason I thought it wasn't my style but as soon as I saw it in front of me, I fell in love with it! It's such a lovely, romantic dress with an Edwardian vintage flair. I couldn't resist styling it with my boots and belt:



Added to my wishlist!



I'm a little late reviewing this next skirt but I had to try it on with this yellow shirt (Rippled Ridge Henley) that was hanging near it. As others have already noted, this skirt is so adorable! If there are any of these still left by the time it goes on sale, I will scoop one up. I actually really liked the shirt too. It also came in a nice purple color and a teal green that was very pretty (online shows grey too but my store didn't have that color). I tried on a small but a medium probably would have been better.



Last, I tried on the Channel Churns Top, which looked so pretty sitting there on a table in the store. I didn't like it on me at all though. The ruffle hit right across the bust, which looked weird. It was too long so I tucked it in but it poofed out strangely on the sides. This is the kind of top that will look nice on a tall, slim person. Not flattering on me at all. I tried the top on with the Field Skirt even though my store only had the khaki color (I want the grey or yellow) and this one is a size too small. I wasn't crazy about the way the skirt looked on me but I will try again if I see it in my size and a color that I like better. I do like the cord material though. It's very soft and a nice, light weight.

11 comments:

  1. Goodness gracious, loving the laced with grace dress on you Debbie! I especially love how you styled it in the first picture - it's really lovely on you. I think it's the perfect shade of green. Hmm..you're making me want it now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also love the Laced with Grace dress on you, Debbie. Fingers crossed for sale time! And it definitely works well with the Berry-Stitched Boots!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Third vote for the Laced with Grace dress on you, fantastic! You look cute in the second ensemble as well, I really hope to get my hands on that skirt at sale time too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me too, me too! LOVE the Laced with Grace Dress on you, and yeppers, add that pretty piece to my wishlist! It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The laced with grace dress was made for you! I wanted to try that on so bad but I didn't see that in my store. I did get the field skirt in the yellow though. I couldn't wait anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look fantastic in the Laced with Grace Dress!! I love how you styled it too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with everyone Laced with Grace Dress was made for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That first dress is so pretty on! And I love the peppered and striped skirt and hope you can score one when it goes on sale.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look fab in the Laced with Grace dress! And now I must go peruse it bc I hadn't really paid it much attention until I saw it on you!

    And the Field skirt - I am flopping back and forth on whether or not I really want it, you are pushing me towards the Want It section!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm going to stop being a lurker to ask what size you took in the Laced with Grace dress? Was it true to size? I've seen reviews with ladies saying they had to size up and I'm looking to order it online, so any advice would be fantastic! :) Thanks!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks everyone! I really love the Laced with Grace dress and my birthday is coming up next month, so maybe I'll get it as a gift then or for Christmas. :-)

    Linda: I'm wearing a size 8 in these pictures. The sizing is a bit tricky though because of the slip underneath, which is a little tighter than the top layer of the dress. If you're big busted (I'm not!) then you might want to size up. I hope you get it because it's a beautiful dress! :-)

    ReplyDelete