Sunday, November 7, 2010

Sunshine Day

For some reason I have that silly song in my head that the Brady Bunch kids sang. It makes a good post title though since we've had some gorgeous weather for the past few days. On Friday afternoon I took my little dog Jefferson for a walk around the neighborhood. I grabbed my small camera on the way out the door. I'm glad I did because I got some great pictures along the way. Jefferson was having so much fun playing in the fallen leaves and sniffing trees and posts along the way that it was hard to capture him in the pictures but I got a few with him.

This first pictures is kind of cool with the sun behind me. I thought of Bonnie's beautiful outdoors pictures when I saw this shot. Mine isn't as good as her pictures, but I like it anyway. It will remind me of this lovely day and how much I enjoy just being outside with my little buddy. :-)

Cardigan: Target
Blouse: Anthropologie
Tank: ??
Jeans: Target
Shoes: Steinmart


My outfit reminds me of something I saw my mom wear in an old picture of her as a teenager. There's kind of a retro vibe with the skinnier pants rolled up at the bottom, flats, and blouse. This was not really planned but I like how this outfit came together!







Did everyone have a good weekend? We spent lots of time outdoors and visited some nice parks in the area. I'll post some more pictures of our weekend adventures tomorrow. :-)

9 comments:

  1. I love these pics of you! You look so happy out and about with your doggy! What are you talking about, silly? Your pics are just as good as mine! I love the palm tree in the background on the one photo. I wore the scarf you gave me to the grocery store this afternoon. It's my favorite scarf now! It's so comfy, and it looks great with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Debbie
    These pictures of you walking your dog are great! I love the first pic how the sun is behind you - it sure is a Bonnie shot :-) you look so laidback in your outfit - i take it your weekend was a relaxing one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, I love that picture with the sun's rays/light shining down. It looks like it was a beautiful day. I'm going to check out The Forgotten Garden book for my mom. I would love to read it, but with my 2 little boys it takes me forever to read a book! (Sorry I didn't post it on Friday's post, sometimes I can't post my comments. The mouse won't click on to the comment box for me to start writing.) Anyways, I love your casual look, great for a stroll with the pup!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute little doggie! I love outdoor pictures so you did a great job. Isn't it so interesting how fashion always go full circle. Where things our mom wore are coming back? I swear when I watch old 50's or 70's shows, I always admire how cute some of their clothes are.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look wonderful, and I love the photos with the pretty light! Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look so great in that outfit and I cannot believe you just threw that together!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look so comfy and your dog is awesome! I don't think I've ever seen a pic before...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like it was a gorgeous day to be outside with Jefferson - that is the cutest puppy name! You look great, I really like the way you cuffed the jeans!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lookin' cute as always! And I love these shots of you with your doxie! What a cute little guy!

    ReplyDelete