Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Love My Shoes

If you love shoes as much as I do, then get over to In Pursuit of Pretty Things for their awesome giveaway! You could win an adorable new book called Shoe-La-La and a $50 Zappos giftcard.

While you're there, check out Carol's crafty project for creating your own custom party shoes. How cute!

Carol asked those who enter to also share their most memorable shoe story. Currently my favorite shoes are probably my boots, my Target wedges, or my new Hallowed Halls Oxfords. But if I'm thinking of most memorable shoes, I've got to go back a little further in time. Even though I have had lots of shoes that I've loved over the years, one pair from high school sticks out in my memory. I can't remember the brand but they were brown platform sandals and I wore them all the time. In fact, my three best friends all had a pair too! We wore them with our graduation gowns and somewhere there is a picture of us showing them off on graduation day but I can't find it. [Sara, if you're reading this, do you have a copy of that picture?] I did a quick search through some old photos and was able to find a couple of pictures of me wearing the sandals during my first year of college, so I'll include those even though they aren't the greatest quality photos. Please excuse the dorky outfit! I have no idea why I thought it would be cool to wear these with shorts!

Here I am at 19 wearing my favorite shoes:





Pictures taken in Tampa, circa summer 1999.

So, which shoes stick out in your memory as favorites?

6 comments:

  1. Oh how interesting I just happened to blog about my shoe story! You and I must have graduated around the same time...my first year in college was also 1999. Ahh...how those were the good times!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel so old! I graduated college in 1999. How cute are you and your sweetheart in these photos? I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so cute in those shoes!! I have one favorite pair of shoes and still have them because they are still cute even 5 years later!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think those might be Kork-Ease Avas (or similar). I have several pair, as did my mom (in the 70s!). They are super comfortable.

    http://www.zappos.com/kork-ease-ava-black

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved those shoes too! I still have my pair! They were Born brand. I will have to look for that picture, I know I have one somewhere around here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All my favourite shoes have been from discount stores such as Payless shoes and Target. I get sad when i've out-worn them, as they are difficult to replace in terms of price. One of the straps of my fave Target shoe broke and I have yet to find a replacement.

    ReplyDelete