Thursday, April 28, 2011

OOTD: Orchid & Aqua

I really liked this outfit from yesterday but unfortunately didn't get to take a picture until I got home at 9:30pm so the lighting in this photo isn't great and you can see how tired I am. I'm glad I picked up this dress from Old Navy while there was still one left in this color (which the website dubbed "Orchid Sizzle") because it feels so springy and I've been experimenting by pairing it with different colors. Last month I wore it with a yellow cardigan which was a nice combo and last night I paired it with an aqua colored necklace for a nice subtle contrast. It's hard to see the necklace in this picture but it's a pretty color. I got it as a gift from my sister years ago but haven't worn it much because it's actually really heavy. It caught my eye as I was picking out a necklace to wear and I thought it made a nice color combo with the orchid purple. Add some neutrals with the white cardigan and silver sandals and you've got an easy yet fun outfit! :-)

See that cute little fur-ball in the corner of the photo? That's my mom's dog Monty who is staying with us while my parents are on vacation. He wanted to say hi!


Orchid Dress (Old Navy)
White Cardigan (Target)
Aqua Necklace (old, gift from sister)
Silver Sandals (Target)


What colors do you like to put together for spring/summer outfits? Any unusual color pairings that turned out great?

2 comments:

  1. Is that a new Cardi or is that from last year?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sara: This one is from last year -- you've got it in another color, I think. I did get my new short sleeve cardis from LOFT, Limited, and one that was only available online at Target so I'll be taking pictures and reviewing those soon! :-)

    ReplyDelete