This is the toy & book nook. ;-) I love these Target storage cubes for organizing baby clothes, shoes, toys, stuffed animals, books, etc. My husband and I each added some special touches to personalize the space. The Rays (baseball) mascot on the wall and Florida-related toys (the manatee and orange stuffed animals) were his picks and I added the fairy picture and some of my own stuffed animals that I've saved over the years. Most of the books we picked out together at the library's annual book sale a few months ago, along with a few that we received as gifts. We're both big readers, so we have to start off our girl's library with some good reads. ;-)

Here's her crib with birdy bedding and the rocker that my mom scored at a nice baby consignment shop recently (topped with a quilt found by a friend who gave it to me at my shower). The yellow flower picture was a gift from an old family friend who painted it for us as a wedding gift. I love how all of the pinks, greens, and yellows look mixed together in this part of the room!

My well-stocked changing table. The manatee artwork above the table was another gift from a friend who does fabric art and quilting. Isn't it cool?!


That's it for now. I'll try to get a few non-baby related posts in this week or weekend. I've been reading a lot so I've got some book reviews and I'll try to remember to snap some outfit pictures (not that my outfits have been very exciting lately). I still feel like there's so much to do before the baby arrives! Not much longer!
It looks great! How exciting :)
ReplyDeleteThis looks like a cute yet practical nursery. I'm excited for you Debbie!
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful big space for your baby to sleep/nurse in! You are so lucky. Our nursery is all sorted too, I'm really happy with it but it's tiny in comparison to yours. I forget how long you have left? I'm 32 and a half weeks but still have another 5 full weeks left at work after this one :)
ReplyDeleteLooks great Debbie! Can't wait to see your new arrival in it!
ReplyDeleteSo pretty, Debbie! And fun! Hope you're feeling well, and somehow managing to keep cool in the summer temps.
ReplyDelete