Thursday, September 16, 2010

Anthro Reviews: Kindred Spirits & Ruffled Plaid

I'm glad so many people enjoyed my Glee post from a few days ago. :-) I can't wait for the Season 2 premiere next week!

While Sara and I were putting together our Glee-inspired outfits at Anthropologie on Sunday we also set aside a few things to try on that we were interested in for ourselves. After seeing the Kindred Spirits Sweaterdress look so fantastic on other bloggers, I knew I'd have to try it out for myself. It didn't disappoint! I think it's surprisingly flattering and doesn't seem too clingy. I've got a medium on in the picture below. It's a nice light-weight for north Florida "winters." ;-) You definitely need to layer something underneath to avoid the see-through effect but a slip or nude colored cami & spanx (or maybe black?) would do the trick. The only thing I had really been concerned about was the color looking too drab but I think it looks really pretty in real life.



Unfortunately, this next dress didn't work as well. I really wanted to love the Ruffled Plaid Dress but the combination of the itchy fabric, the strange fit around the hips, and the ruffle on the front that felt like it overwhelmed me makes this one a pass for me. This has looked really good on others though, so I still recommend it but I'd suggest trying it on in the store if possible.



Here's my OOTD from the shopping trip:


Blue Paisley Dress (LOFT)
White Cardigan (Target)
Snakebite Belt (Anthro)
Brown Suede Flats (Lands End)


Stay tuned for my giveaway starting tomorrow!!

10 comments:

  1. I love the Kindred Spirit on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, the Kindred Spirt Sweaterdress looks fantastic on you! I really hope you snatched it up because it's just too perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Kindred Spirits dress and will purchase once it hits sale. I think the price is crazy for u thin unlined dress. One on trip to Anthro I brought a slip with me to try t on with the dress, and it laid so much better. I'm hoping it goes on sale soon---it's been out since the July catalog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Debbie
    Greetings from Sydney, Oz!!
    I noticed you are a regular on Anthrosdottir's weekly work outfits feature.
    I agree with you about the colour of the Kindred Spirit - i thought it looked drab at first, but it's actually better in real life. I tried the dress as well with a belt, and the belt made it look so much better(see vintageglammz.blogspot.com).
    I DO like the ruffle plaid after seeing it on so many other bloggers, but itchy fabric eh? hmmm...now it's making me thing twice.
    Cheers!
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the kindred spirits dress on you. Not drab at all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think that the kindred spirits looks great on you! I'm definitely going to have to try it on now. Thanks for the reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The shade of the Kindred Spirit dress looks super pretty on you - definitely a nice color for Fall!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like both dresses. The Kindred Spirit dress doesn't look drab and the Ruffled Plaid ruffles don't seem too ruffle-y. Too bad it has a weird fit and is itchy though. Pretty dresses.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bonnie, Aimee & Jacquelyn: Thanks! I remember it looking great on each of you as well on your blogs. :-)

    Tricia: Thanks! I wasn't sure since the color was listed as "Moss" but it is lovely in person.

    Lori: You should definitely try it on too!

    Jan: Thanks! I agree, it's a perfect color for Fall. :-)

    Gemma: Thanks! I love both of these dresses & wish the plaid one had fit better. Oh well!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Debbie...the Kindred Spirits looks great on you! If that one goes on sale I would get it too....crossing my fingers! I don't think the color is too drab...nothing a cute pair of boots and cardigan couldn't help spruce up if need be!

    ReplyDelete