Monday, September 20, 2010

Anthro Review: Berry-Stitched Boots

This weekend I received my Berry-Stitched Boots and I LOVE them!

I noticed that they've gotten two negative reviews on Anthro's website. :-( One review commented on big holes where the stitching is but I don't see that on mine. It's true that they aren't lined, but since I'm from Florida, I don't really buy boots for warmth, so that didn't bother me. I would think you could layer some warm tights/socks underneath and they'd be just fine in colder temps. The other reviewers also didn't like the color but I think they're beautiful! My leather couch is about the same color which is what I was anticipating. I think they're a nice alternative to wearing black boots and definitely different than the brown boots I have. As you can see in my pictures below, they go with other neutrals, brown, grey, black, & navy, and they look lovely with my favorite color, purple. :-)

As far as fit, I'm often between a 7 and 7.5 so I went with the 7.5 so I'd have extra room and they fit me perfectly. They also aren't too slouchy or too big around the calves. I have average sized calves and these are roomy enough that I'll be able to wear jeans tucked in but not too loose with just tights. As far as I can tell, they're going to be pretty comfortable to wear even if I have to do a lot of walking.

Here are some of the ways that I plan to wear them this fall:



Here are some detail shots. They looks great with the Berry Bush tights!





Purple, grey, and brown: I like this fall color combo! :-)




They look good with turquoise too!



I know some people hate mixing black and brown but I like the way it looks here. I couldn't resist throwing on these cute striped socks for a fun look! ;-)


Here's another detail shot that shows the color pretty accurately:



For more great ideas for colors & Anthro styles to wear with these boots, check out this post that the Anthropologie Connoisseur did recently when I asked for styling tips. She helped me decide that I really needed these boots! :-)

20 comments:

  1. I LOVE those boots with the purple dress - the red undertones in the boots really pop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are already rocking the Fall trend and colors! Great outfits.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look awesome! Anthro definitely needs to revamp their product shots for footwear - their boots are always better IRL than depicted. I honestly didn't give these boots a second glance before, but they look so good on you! What a great investment piece, and I bet you'll get tons of wear out of them this fall.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh, they look great on you, Debbie! Fabulous choice! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am SO glad you got them! You styled them in such great ways, and they sure are proving to be versatile! I love that you're not afraid to mix neutrals (i.e. black and brown). Also, thank you so much for the link! If you ever need any kind of help again, don't hesitate to ask! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love them! They look great on you and are such a pretty color!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely boots! I also love all the color in these outfits, you look so pretty!

    www.thejoyoffashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohh, beautiful boots. The leather looks so soft and rich. I especially love how you paired them with the turquoise dress. And the striped socks (delighted squeal)!!! How cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You lucky girl! You have a very nice Mama to buy you those boots! :) They do look great with all colors, I can't wait to see them in person! I need to go to Anthro to return 2 things soon. Let me know when you can go!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute Debbie! I love them with all the diff color combos you showed.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Debbie, those boots are stunning! I like how they are flat - so easy to walk in no doubt.
    i also like your purple tights, they look really good with the boots.
    I wouldn't mind a pair of anthro boots myself, it's just that i don't know what size i would be!
    thanks for sharing
    Cheers
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, these boots are so cute, and I love your outfit combinations! Really wonderful, Debbie!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great boots!!! Who knew they were so versatile!!! I may need them afterall!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ashley: Thanks, that dress was just screaming to be paired with the berry boots! :-)

    Sydney: Thank you! Fall colors are my favorite!

    Lisa: I'm glad my pictures gave you a better sense of how cute the boots are! I'm definitely planning on wearing these a ton this fall.

    Erin: Thanks! I hope you find some cute boots this fall too. I know you've been on the search for the perfect pair! ;-)

    Anthropologie Connoisseur: Thank you again for your stying help!

    Bonnie: Thanks! I was really drawn to the color since they are a little different than most brown boots out there.

    Marie: Thank you! I had fun playing with color in these outfits. I was surprised by how many different colors looked good with the boots!

    Jamie: Thanks, the leather is really nice! They smell so good too! heehee

    Sara: You're right about me having a super nice Mama! She was as excited as I was about the boots! :-) Let's definitely plan another Anthro trip soon. I'll check my calendar and get back to you!

    Jessica: Thanks! It was fun putting all those different combos together. :-)

    Jen: Thanks! I think they'll be pretty comfortable. I'm looking forward to wearing them on a trip next month where I'll be doing lots of walking.

    Carol: Thank you! Glad you liked my outfit combos!

    Tricia: Thanks! And yes, very versatile -- you need them for sure! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. These boots are lovely on you Debbie! All the looks you've created for them are great. The purple dress look is my favorite :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Really pretty boots. They look awesome on you and look great with every single outfit you tried on!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I agree, these boots are WAY CUTE and I never even paid attention to them on the website - you look gorgeous in them! The height looks perfect, too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Goldenmeans: Thanks! The purple dress is my favorite too!

    Gemma: Glad you liked my different looks! It was fun doing a little photo shoot for the boots. ;-)

    Jan: Thanks! I loved seeing your recent review of the bow boots. I love fall and all the cute boots!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Debbie - I stumbled on your blog a few weeks ago and adore it. You have lovely taste and great colection of clothes. I'm looking to get a new pair of boots and wanted to know of all the ones you have which would you say are your favorites?

    ReplyDelete
  20. Jenn G: Thanks for reading & commenting! Right now I only have the pair of Anthro boots I reviewed above and an old pair from Old Navy. I'm always looking at boots though so here are my suggestions for some you might like:

    1. Target Merona Kamischel Suede Boots in grey
    http://www.target.com/Merona-Kamischel-Suede-Lug-Boots/dp/B002BZZ16U/ref=br_1_5?ie=UTF8&node=370189011&sessionID=180-6064840-1432902&searchSize=150&searchView=grid3&searchPage=1&sr=1-5&qid=1286632424&rh=style_name%3AKnee-High&searchBinNameList=target_com_category-bin%2Cstyle_name%2Ctarget_com_shoe_size-bin%2Clifestyle-bin%2Ctarget_com_primary_color-bin%2Cpattern_name-bin%2Cprice%2Ctarget_com_brand-bin&searchRank=reviewrank&frombrowse=1
    I tried them on the other day and they are so comfortable and cute! The price is great too. I'm hoping to get a pair of these soon.

    2. Madden Girl Zarah Riding Boot
    http://www.dsw.com/shoe/madden+girl+zarah+riding+boot?prodId=199079&category=dsw12cat1000009
    I tried on these boots in black at DSW and they were really cool.

    3. Old Navy Silver-Wedge Boots
    http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=55149&vid=1&pid=798700&scid=798700002
    I've also got my eye on these boots at Old Navy but they're only available online so I haven't tried them yet. They look cute though!

    4. Anthropologie Pebbled & Primped
    http://www.anthropologie.com/anthro/catalog/productdetail.jsp?subCategoryId=BOOTS-WELLWORN&id=18360024&catId=SHOES-BOOTS&pushId=SHOES-BOOTS&popId=SHOESBAGS&sortProperties=&navCount=25&navAction=top&fromCategoryPage=true&selectedProductSize=&selectedProductSize1=&color=001&isSubcategory=true&isProduct=true&isBigImage=&templateType=subCategory
    I haven't gotten to try these yet but I just love them! They are pretty pricey though.

    ReplyDelete