Speaking of dolls, is anyone else an American Girl fan? I have quite a collection that I'll be sharing with my little girl someday. Yesterday I got an email about the new historical dolls that are being released this year and I think they will need to join our collection too! I especially love the one on the left in the picture below. It looks like they will have an interesting story also, set in mid-nineteenth century New Orleans.
I'm already starting to plan which doll I'll get for Maia first (in a few years). The following three will probably look most like her.
If her eyes stay blue, we might go with this modern doll and she can name her whatever she wants:
I also love this one -- historical doll Rebecca:
And this one if Maia's hair ends up getting darker like Daddy's -- historical doll Ruthie:
It's going to be so fun shopping for my girl! ;-)
I can't wait to give Sydney my American girl dolls too! She already has Bitty Baby and loves it. I see Syd and Maia hanging out having a doll tea party in the future! :)
ReplyDeleteShe is a little doll! I always wanted an american girl doll as a kid but never got one. But I do want to get one for gigi someday!
ReplyDeleteAwww Debbie. She's adorable! I've never heard of American girl dolls. They look *sort of* like cabbage patch dolls...(remember them?)
ReplyDeleteAw, you're already planning shopping outings for you and Maia!
ReplyDeleteI never had an American Girl doll (but I've seen the hysteria at the NYC store), but vintageglammz' comment reminded me that I used to have Cabbage Patch kids when I was real little!
I was a big American Girl fan when I was little. I had lots of the books and I created a doll that looked like me. I also have a Samantha doll that was my grandma's.
ReplyDelete