Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Calling All Bookworms: Audiobook Week June 6-10

I hope everyone is having a good week! I still haven't had time to edit my vacation pictures, so that post will have to wait until next week, but today I wanted to give my fellow bookworms a heads up about Audiobook Week which is starting June 6. For more details, check out this blog post on Devourer of Books.

I'm planning on picking up this memoir by Isabel Allende or this collection of sketches by travel writer Bill Bryson from the library today so I can participate next week. I started getting into audiobooks a few years ago and really enjoy listening to them in the car. I usually stick to non-fiction though since I find it easier to follow.





If you'd like to participate in Audiobook Week or would just like to try out a good audiobook, I highly recommend Traveling with Pomegranates: A Mother-Daughter Story, read by the authors Sue Monk Kidd and her daughter Ann Kidd Taylor. It was fantastic and I think I actually liked listening to it even better than I would have liked it if I had just read the book. I did a little review on it back in February here.



So, what's everyone been reading lately? Do you prefer regular books, e-books, or audiobooks? I like a mixture of all three. :-)

I recently finished:
The Peach Keeper by Sarah Addison Allen (good but not as fun as her previous three books that contained more magic)

Year of Wonders by Geraldine Brooks (amazing -- highly recommend!!)

A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness (the first book in what I can tell will be a fantastic trilogy)





No comments:

Post a Comment