Monday, June 6, 2011

Audiobook Week: Day 1 (Favorites & Future Reads)

As I mentioned in my last post, June 6-10 is Audiobook Week and I picked up Isabel Allende's memoir called The Sum of Our Days so I can particpate.

The blog Devourer of Books will have posts all week with topics to blog, audiobook reviews, giveaways, etc. so check it out!

Here's today's topic:
Monday: 2010-2011, Your Audiobook Year
Are you new to audiobooks in the last year? Have you been listening to them forever but discovered something new this year? Favorite titles? New times/places to listen? This is your chance to introduce yourself and your general listening experience.


I've only been listening to audiobooks for a little over two years and it started out as a fun way to pass the time in the car during my long commute on the days I taught a night class. I also try to listen to a little bit while I'm out running errands.

These are some of my favorites from the last two years. As you can see I mostly enjoy non-fiction, especially when it involves history, travel, and humor. It's kind of a nice change of pace since I mostly read fiction on my Kindle and when I check out regular books from the library.

1. Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell



2. Traveling with Pomegranates by Sue Monk Kidd and Ann Kidd Taylor



3. In a Sunburned Country by Bill Bryson



4. When You are Engulfed in Flames by David Sedaris



5. The Devil in the White City by Erik Larson




Besides the Allende memoir that I've already started, these are the audiobooks I want to check out soon:

1. The Idea of America by Gordon S. Wood



2. The Greater Journey: Americans in Paris by David McCullough



3. 1861: The Civil War Awakening by Adam Goodheart



4. The Tipping Point by Malcolm Gladwell

1 comment: